Bed Bugs Extermination
THE TRUTH ABOUT BED BUGS (FACTS ONLY)
- Heat remediation does not work consistently and is outrageously priced. The bed bug itself (and eggs) must reach a certain temp and be exposed to it consistently, for hours. Should a bed bug or an egg be hiding inside a wall outlet or similar place, it will not be effected….leaving the door open for a re-infestation. The proper spray solution takes care of ALL species and their eggs at once. Texas Insurance companies are no longer insuring companies who use this method for many reasons.
- The internet is full of misguided and inaccurate information, as well as ‘gimmicks’ geared toward using your fear and lack of knowledge against you to purchase unneeded products. Not to mention, incorrect ‘opinions’ based on zero factual information.
- Bed Bugs are asexual. It only takes ONE to begin a population and reproduction. They do not need to mate.
- Bed Bugs only came to the United States 11 years ago due to International travel. This is why Chicago has been the number 1 city for bed bugs numerous years in a row (the O’Hare Airport is the busiest International Airport in the world).
- VERY FEW exterminators have the knowledge to deal with Bed Bugs. Most Pest Control companies will not even attempt to deal with them due to the lack of knowledge. Bed Bug extermination is NOT taught or ‘required knowledge’ to obtain a pest control license. It is a ‘specialty’ much like Termites, however the laws and required knowledge haven’t yet been fully implemented since Bed Bugs are a realitively new issue to the United States (not all exterminators are licensed to handle Termites and shortly we hope to see changes in the laws that will include a special license endorsement/category for those wishing to handle bed bug issues–as of now, even your pool guy is technically licensed).
- We are the ONLY company in the state of Texas who has repeatedly gone to Chicago to study Bed Bugs at The University of Chicago (our sister company resides in Indianapolis Indiana). NO other company KNOWS bed bugs like we do or offers the guarantee we do because they are still unsure of their products and procedures (most use the same products that are sold for fleas–bed bugs and fleas are NOT the same). We are the ONLY company in the US that has an active laboratory on site that studies Bed Bugs every single day.
- There are over 100 species of bed bugs; however there are only a few that humans need to be concerned with, as the rest are all attracted to animals/birds/bats.
- Bed bugs are blind but have a heightened sense of smell (particularly for CO2)
- Only ONE species of bed bug can live up to a year without feeding (not ALL).
- Bed bugs are “hitch-hikers. You can bring them home or take them to other locations very easily.
- Heat remediation does not work consistently and is outrageously priced. The bed bug itself (and eggs) must reach a certain temp and be exposed to it consistently, for hours. Should a bed bug or an egg be hiding inside a wall outlet or similar place, it will not be effected….leaving the door open for a re-infestation. The proper spray solution takes care of ALL species and their eggs at once.
- You DO NOT have to leave your home during treatment NOR do any major Prep work. The companies that ask you to do these things fall into the category of those who do not have the proper knowledge or use the proper products. For the same reason, these companies will sell you Bed Bug Encasements. Most of these companies are also using the same product/spray that you can purchase yourself at Lowe’s or Home Depot. It simply will not work to kill the entire infestation.
- Do not fear bed bugs; they are easy to kill for a professional with the correct knowledge and training. It has been documented that BED BUG PTSD actually exists. Don’t be a victim!!!
- The following ‘widely used statement/opinion’ is false…”Bed bugs are extremely difficult to control especially if they are not caught during the early stages of the infestation.”
- Not all people will react to a bed bug bite (no bumps or rash after being bitten)
- It is not always necessary to throw out mattresses or furniture. Most always they can be treated.
- You may call/text/email us at any time with any questions. The answers are always free and truthful.
- The secret to a successful extermination of bed bugs is in the Products used as well as the Process used. One without the other, will not be 100% effective.
- A minimum of 2 treatments (occasionally 3) is required for homes, to ensure ALL adults, babies, and eggs have been eradicated. Most times with apartments, only ONE treatment is necessary.
- Bed Bugs reproduce every 14 days.
- They lay 5 eggs per day and 500 during a lifetime.
- The following products will not work and are a waste of your money: Foggers, Bed Bug Encasements, Diatomaceous earth, electronic bed bug repellers, all natural spays…..etc….
- Visit http://www.bedbugexterminatorsanantonio.com/ for further Bed Bug Details
DO I HAVE BED BUGS?
Do I Have Bed Bugs? Well if you wake up in the morning with tiny, itchy bites on your body, there is a very good chance that you have bed bugs. However, do not assume that every bite mark is from bed bugs, look at the bed bug bite picture above and even search online for other photos. Even a doctor cannot give a positive diagnosis simply by examining bite marks. They can only suggest possible causes for what may have caused the bites.
If you see bugs in your home on or near your bedding or other furniture, you should have your entire home inspected by a qualified professional bed bug exterminator.
TIPS: “HOW TO AVOID BRINGING BED BUGS HOME”
- Place your luggage in the bath tub at hotels until you have checked for bed bugs
- Avoid purchasing used furniture
- If you purchase used clothing; immediately wash and dry on high heat
- Check your shoes and clothing after returning from any hospital, retirement home, movie theater, hotel, bus, airplane, etc…
- Think of bed bugs in the same way that you think of LICE.
- Periodically check children’s back packs; schools are another great source for bed bugs
OUR 100% SUCCESSFUL METHOD:
We ONLY use the top 4 GUARANTEED (EPA APPROVED) Products known to kill ALL species of bed bugs, without question.
- We use a spray and a dust
- Dust will be used in places not recommended for a spray (electrical outlets, etc). Our dust will dehydrate and kill any bed bug that makes contact with it.
- We will remove the felt covering on all box springs (it is not needed for structural support, but a great hiding place for bed bugs)
- We will inspect and treat all couches, chairs, drapes and other hiding places.
- A typical home takes about 1 hour to treat
BED BUG EXTERMINATOR COSTS
The market rates in this area (San Antonio, TX) vary from company to company, due to many factors (mainly due to knowledge, procedure and product costs) The national average is $1000-$2,500 per home. (BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS concerning quotes less than the national average) Our price comes with a Guarantee–95 days (BEST GUARANTEE IN THE STATE)