Tubes in the wall ….

(For the haters attempting to leave negative and nasty remarks; you’ll notice they don’t get approved. It’s called Freedom of Speech and Educating Consumers against your lies). –Not Deterred– 🙂 Quit trolling my website. ))))

We will learn quickly that this system was not / is not a solution for pest control of any kind. In fact, it’s down right dangerous.

Basic science tells us that if we intentionally (with this system) or unintentionally (a leaking pipe) allow water into an area that has zero air flow (ventilation); mold will begin to grow.

I firmly believe this was the case for Ev Lu (found on a forum about this system):

Ev Lu • 4 months ago

Our new home has a tube system and we have Stopped using it!! There is no way to contain the mist behind the walls. Whenever I’ve had pest control use the tubes I have experienced headaches, nausea, and stuffy nose. I had to leave my house for several hours. This happened on three occasions . Today I had the tubes tested because I’m certain there are breeches. I was told that only water would be sprayed but that there may be some residual pesticide. Well the stuffy nose and headache came on shortly after they sprayed. I had to leave the house along with my new baby. I plan to switch companies and NEVER use the tubes again. I am not prone to nasal allergies and I was perfectly fine before the tubes were sprayed. Again, this simply reinforces my suspicions. In my experience these tubes are not safe for me or my family. The tech confirm that some people are sensitive to the material sprayed.

 

Bill • a year ago

I have this system in my home and it is the biggest hoax perpetrated on the public that I have seen in my 70 years. Once the walls are closed up during construction, there is absolutely NO way to know if the insecticide makes it from the injection site to any desired location. Nails through the tubes, pinched tubes, etc will go completely undiscovered. Unlike electrical wiring, where you know that the wires are broken or interrupted (no lights at the far end come on), this is a total faith-based system. In fact, all it takes is one application of the wrong type of pesticide and the tubes are forever clogged and useless. Even if the correct fluid is used, an incompetent application and omission of that final “blast of just air” to clear the tubes leaves the laser-cuts clogged by residue. THE ONLY WAY THIS SYSTEM CAN POSSIBLY WORK IS IF A GAS (NOT A LIQUID) is injected. Even then, as explained, pinched lines, nail holes, construction damage (I witnessed everything I mention here), renders these systems ineffective. It’s strictly a “SPRAY and PRAY” methodology and a giant rip-off !! Use conventional methods – don’t pay some voodoo master. (I even caught a guy faking the connection to the tubes. That’s when I said, enough’s enough.

From a Qualified Tech of the System

“The entire system consists of small high pressure tubing with “laser slits” on 12″ spacings that supposedly go through every lower wall in the entire home. These tubes then terminate at a “portal” on the outside of the home where the treatment is performed.

Here is how it works – a tank system containing 2 tanks – 1 with chemical and the other with compressed air (a scuba type tank) is used to apply and push the chemical through the tubes. The scuba tank pushes air at a rate of around 2000 PSI which pushes the chemical through the tubes and causes it to “spray” out of the laser slits in the tubes.

Basically, each tube is given a 15 second dose of chemical and then a 5-10 second blast with air. The chemical is usually permethrin or bifenthrin based. After treatment, the portal is closed off, and usually an outer perimeter spray or granules are then applied to keep other pests from migrating in.

Here are the problems with the “Tubes in the Wall system”, and I know, because we were the first company in Texas to service this system –

1) The installations are eratic, and if there are any kinks in the tubes, or if the installers did not install it properly, such as the hose kinking in the corner of a room when it rounds the wall, that tube is useless beyond the point where it kinks. Also, staples to hold the tubing in place can be applied wrong and can crush the tube. This was a very common occurrence, and the number 1 problem that I found with installers.

2) Sometimes depending on the chemicals used, they gum up inside the tubes and render the tube useless. There is no way to replace this tube once it is gummed up or kinked.

3) If the tube is too long (over 50-60 feet), the air will not push the chemical hard enough because there is not enough pressure, and the chemical will either not make it to the end of the tube, or is basically drips out and forms a puddle. This can make a wet spot on walls, carpet, floors, etc.

4) The tubes in the walls system is only designed to keep bugs out of the walls. Treating inside the walls will do nothing for insects that do not infest walls, such as spiders, fleas, flying insects, etc. This system also does not need applications every 60-90 days, 1 time per year, or even every other year is more than sufficient.”

Click Here to Read What Other Texas Homeowners Are Saying……..

Add Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *